Technical Assistance.

This is what we do.

The Kansas Rural Water Association provides technical assistance to public water systems as a benefit of funding that originates with the Environmental Protection Agency as a component of the State Revolving Loan Program and which is administered through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. The federal law Public Law 104-182 allows the state of Kansas to set-aside 2% of the "capacity grant" from EPA to provide technical assistance to public water systems serving fewer than 10,000 persons.

Enter the name of any water system in Kansas to see what assistance was provided to that system through this program. Data is uploaded monthly to this report. This table shows only the assistance provided under this contract for FY21 (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. This contract funding available was approximately $200,000 in FY21.  However the reimbursement to KRWA was $157,227.46. This is a referral contract.  This contract pays only for travel and assistance. No payment is made by KDHE for administration, sick leave, holidays, vacation or time  for training.