- November 14-15 Using Schematics to Troubleshoot Electrical Circuits (Fort Scott) (Filled)
- November 29: Electrical Safety: Understand and Implementing NFPA 70E For a safer Workplace (Salina) (Filled)
- November 30 : Electrical Safety: Understand and Implementing NFPA 70E For a safer Workplace (Salina) (Filled)
- December 5 - 7: Cross-Connection and Backflow Prevention (select information only, recertification or full certification) (All Sessions Filled)
- December 12: PFAS, Emerging Contaminants and Sampling Techniques for Water and Wastewater (just posted)
- December 12: Funding Options and Management Issues for Cities and RWDs (Prairie Band Conference Center, Mayetta)
- January 9: Surface Water Treatment: Production, Sampling & Techniques (Russell)
- January 11: Surface Water Treatment: Production, Sampling & Techniques (Liberal)
- February 6 - 8: Cross-Connection and Backflow Prevention (Lawrence)
KRWA to offer Software Training Sessions
KRWA, in collaboration with Butler County Community College (BCCC) and ProTrain, will offer software training opportunities to municipal and rural water district administrative and office personnel. These sessions are provided at no charge in partnership and BCCC and a grant they are affiliated with. Register soon as space is limited for these sessions. Visit krwa.net/training for more information and to register (sessions will be posted on KRWA website later today).
December 5 - Microsoft Excel Refresher - Butler Co. Community College, 5000 Building, Andover
This one-day training course covering Microsoft Excel will highlight the components of Excel and some tricks and trades to formulas and hiding fields, etc. Registrants receive: one-day refresher, hard copy of course materials, online copy of course materials, and enrollment in a self-paced, online Microsoft Excel course and as a bonus Microsoft Word along with Human Skills bundle, with 1-year access to these courses.
December 13 - Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus - Butler Co. Community College, 5000 Building, Andover. This one-day training course covering Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus will highlight components of QuickBooks topics such as: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Invoicing, Payroll, Fixed Assets, and Budgeting, to name a few. Registrants will receive: one-day refresher, hard copy of course materials, online copy of course materials, enrollment in self-paced, online Intuit QuickBooks Plus course, with 1-year access to the course and 1-year access to QuickBooks.
Online, Self-Paced - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Human Skills Bundle
Registrants will receive 1-year access to materials covering Microsoft Excel & Word, as well as Human Skills covering a variety of topics such as Administrative Skills, Career Development, Human Resources, Personal Development, Sales and Marketing, Supervisors and Managers and Workplace Essentials. Participants will be well-rounded in dealing with business, employee and customer relations. Registration will close on December 22.
Online, Self-Paced - Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus
Registrants will receive 1-year access to materials covering Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus as well as QuickBooks licensure for that same 1 year. Participants will learn the essentials of QuickBooks Online, a powerful cloud-based accounting program. Using a sample company, participants will experiment with the features of QuickBooks Online and a real world scenario to practice the various tasks available through QuickBooks. A mentor will be available once a month to help with specific questions. Registration will close on December 22.
The Kansas Rural Water Association's "Job Postings" web page includes openings that have recently been submitted by:
Job Postings . . .
- Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas (Water Treatment Plant Manager)
- Butler RWD 4 (Assistant Operator)
- North Kansas City, MO (Chief Water Plant Operator)
- City of Colwich (Two Maintenance Positions)
- City of Valley Center (Utilities Manager)
- Butler RWD 3 (Water Operator)
- City of Hamilton (City Superintendent)
- Soldier Township, Shawnee County (Township Administrator)
- City of Marion (Water Plant Operator)
- City of Downs (Water/Wastewater Operator)
- ASUS - Fort Riley Utility Services (5 Positions: Construction Worker; Maintenance Tech 1, Maintenance Tech III, Project Accounting Analyst and Construction Operators
- Leavenworth RWD 7 (Operator/Manager)
- City of Gardner (5 Positions: Building Maintenance Technician; Electric Generation Substation Manager; Staff Engineer/Sr. Staff Engineer; Maintenance Worker - Streets; Water Plant Operators)
- Jackson RWD No. 3 (Water District Operators)
- Butler RWD No. 6 (Water Operator)
- City of Ellsworth (Water/Sewer Superintendent)
- City of Spring Hill (Wastewater Operator I/II/III
- City of Derby (Utilities Operator 1)
- City of Wichita (Sustainability Coordinator)
- City of Frankfort (Maintenance Person)
- City of Paola (Maintenance Worker I)
- --- And many additional openings
KRWA provides job postings at no charge. Job openings to be posted should be e-mailed in a Word or text document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What did KRWA do this past week?
KRWA provided help to the following 61 water and wastewater systems during the week of November 5 to 11: Butler RWD 7, Cherokee RWD 1, Cherokee RWD 2, Cherokee RWD 3, Cherokee RWD 8, City of Abbyville, City of Arlington, City of Beloit, City of Bennington, City of Bentley, City of Caney, City of Clay Center, City of Clifton, City of Elkhart, City of Eudora, City of Galva, City of Greenleaf, City of Hartford, City of Haven. City of Hiawatha, City of Hillsboro, City of Holcomb, City of Humboldt, City of Jewell, City of Kinsley, City of LaCrosse, City of LaCygne, City of Lewis, City of Maize, City of Marquette, City of Marysville, City of Nortonville, City of Nortonville, City of Onaga, City of Osawatomie, City of Quinter, City of Reserve, City of Rexford, City of Richmond, City of Soldier, City of Summerfield, City of Troy. City of Valley Falls,
City of Waverly, City of Weir, City of Willis, City of Wilson, City of Winona, Coffey RWD 2, Doniphan RWD 5, Douglas RWD 5, Ellis RWD #3 (Munjor), Harvey RWD 1, Lake Wabaunsee Improvement District, Lakewood Hills Improvement District, Mission Creek Camp, Osborne RWD 2, Public Wholesale District No. 12, Russell RWD 4, Suburban Water Company, and Washington RWD 2.